~.~

Dellynn Lim,
Thanks again! :D Well then, what about Biological Engineering & Biotech? Oh god, some of them just have so many different names in different universities! @.@ Your explanation got me some pictures, and I'd say i prefer Biotech more. Just that I don't understand Biotech isn't that 'hot' in the States.. hm..

*******
I need sunlight.
Forest
I need rain.. =.=
rain
What to do ~.~

*******
helpless
Alone at home.. helpless~~ Another day of Luan Qiao concert - 乱敲. Subgroup of LuanDa.. =.= Just now ho, suddenly black out! Huuyo.. soon, no water supply. and then soon, something worse. dahh..

Read newspaper Again.. And found something cutee!! Olympic Beijing 08 is near, they have to translate lot of things into English, and so including the menu. If they use direct/old translation, 麻婆豆腐 = Bean curd made by a pock-marked woman. 童子鸡 = Chicken without sexual life. =.=''' And lastly the 夫妻肺片 = Husband and wife's lung slice. LOL~

First of all, I was boring. Then I tried to sleep. So I slept! Imagine to fall into sleep with those drilling noise. Miraculously, I slept~ Then when i woke up, I was boring again. =.= Dust appeared at every single corner, on top of everything, within every breath I took - I hate dust, felt uneasy. Hope they'll end up the work SOON. Ya i know i'll be leaving sooner. :) 10 days to 29th :) :) Mama's b'day is coming~ She looks tired lately - I have thousands of thoughts every time being with her. I have another thousands of hopes too. Just plead that time allows. :)

The creators of Firefox 3.0 say the software was downloaded more than 8 million times on release day. _I'm one fo them~ :P_

Another human foot (Sixth one!!) encased in a running shoe washes ashore in Canada, deepening a mystery that has baffled police. _This is not good at all. :( Someone is being so cruel and.. Yerr!_
blue blue blue... ~

Things about Me - a good starting preparation for my Admission essay. V.v

  • Hi, my name is: If you don't know I don't know you. :P
  • But you can call me: Kah, JiaWei, Kathy/Katee/KT =.=
  • My fav. color is: Every color
  • My high school was: KH, Klang
  • My hair is: Long, brownish black..
  • My birthday is: 23.10.1990 (can I sun bian list down b'day wishes?? Xp)
  • My middle name is: Kah Wei [Hahh! Regarding this, come come and learn!! When you fill up some international forms, let's say my name is Kathy Lim Kah Wei - Lim = last name; KahWei = middle; & Kathy = firstname. If your name is Tan Ah Kau - Tan - lastname; AhKau = firstname; & you can leave the middle one blank. :) ]
  • When I look down I see: my legs through my specs' lens =.=
  • By this time next year: I'll be sitting in front of my laptop/ sleep in case i'm sicking/ having class
  • I have a hard time understanding: Myself!!
  • If you spent the night at my house: You'll have to sleep earlier. :P
  • The one person who can drive me nuts is: a highly cerebral intellect/ a siaopo/kia like my younger sister
  • Most recent thing I’ve bought myself: Wakame, organic sweets & Impact sweets!! (stony-broke..)
  • Most recent thing someone else bought me: High 5 cream roll... yerr..
  • In the morning I: woke up & trudged to get a cup of water.. with honey~ =.=
  • If I was an animal I’d be a: polar bear is what i think now =.= Hibernate-able.. If i'm back to normal i'll choose caterpillar!! geli geli people.. buahahaa!! Then metamorphose~ hopefully not to a moth.. lol
  • What’s your top friends name: Every friend is my top friend! No bias~ :P
  • Do you get along with this person all the time: *them. Yep, always succeed in making them speechless. :) :)
  • How old is the person: *them. Range from 14 - 20
  • Has this person ever cooked for you: *them. Ya ho, who else ever did this besides my mom and sis?
  • Have you ever kissed this person: *them. Noo~
  • Could you live with this person: *them. Yea, i doubt if they can live with me. =.=
  • If you ever moved away would you miss this person: Yes!!
  • Ever been in love: You answer for me.
  • Believe in love at first sight: Not really..
  • What is your bed size: one-human size. :P
  • Do you prefer writing in pen or pencil: Depends~ Like typing can ah? =.=
  • What’s your favorite season: Fall/Winter. Should have an exact answer after 2 years. :)
  • Favorite radio station: Mix - Fly - My - Hitz FMs
  • Coke or Pepsi: Neither
  • Favorite subject in school: Biology!!
  • Last book you read: Yorr.. why this question again!?
  • Do you prefer cats or dogs: Depends. If i say cats doesn't mean i like fierce cat. =.=
  • What’s your dream job: Retiree? Hahaa!!~jk.. Volunteer!!!!!
  • What kind of car do you drive: Until now.. cute Kancil. swt..
  • Are you a better talker or better listener: Talker if it's not to argue, Listener if it's not ceramah.
  • What do you miss most about childhood: Memory-less. And i doubt i wanna miss my daidai-ness.. =.=
  • How many times did it take you to pass your drivers test: hey hey Hey!! I want it to be ONE!
  • How many kids do you want: O_O
  • Can you cook: Ahem ahem, cook what? :P
  • Have you been to Disney World: No.. :(
  • Would you rather smile over a lie or cry over the truth: Smile over lies and truths. :)
  • Who’s the last person you got into a argument with: My dad. hmph.
  • If you could move away, no questions asked, where would you move: My room.. =_o
  • How much do looks matter to you in a guy: Thiiiiiiis much?
  • Whats the best feeling in the world: A smiling curve from people whom you've helped, and a warming hand that lends help.
  • Are you close with your mom and dad: Abo..
  • Do you tell your parents everything: Mom - yes. Dad - cannot!!
  • What’s your favorite color to wear: White tops. Dark pants.
  • Who was the last person in your bedroom: Me me me!
  • What’s something that someone can do that really bothers you: If i tell you i'm dead. :P
  • What are you freakishly obsessed with: Nap. T.T
  • Do you think that someone is thinking about you right now: Hm.. are you then?
  • Do you start the water before you get in the shower or when you get in: After get in, save water~
  • Have you ever brushed your teeth in the shower: Em.. Yea.
  • Your favorite sport to watch: Just don't ever ask me to watch football. :P :P
  • Ever had stitches: I think yea, head.
  • Have you ever given money to a homeless person: Yes. I'd hoped that he's not faker.
  • Ever run over an animal: Ant - terstepped and i couldn't wake it up after that. =.=
  • Would you kiss someone of same sex for $100: Cheek? lol..
  • More of a coffee or alcohol drinker: Neither. but i do sip sip my mama's coffee sometimes. hehe.
  • Ever thrown shoes on a telephone wire: What will happen next? o.O
  • Do you snore: Nooo
  • What are you afraid of: Parents' brawling - Pervert
  • Whats your stand on gay marriage: Neutral.
  • What about abortions: Don't throw babies!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bio-engineering is actually closely related to biotech, bio-en is more to application of engineering to living things instead of machines (mechanical engineering).
Bio-en covers a full scope of chemistry, physics, bio, computer programming,maths, and the most important is quantitative and integrative thinking to solutions of the problems.

Bioengineering is what you do with biotechnology. Biotechnology is what you get from studying and learning how to manipulate biology. Bio-engineering.. for example.. it deals with production of artificial tissue and organs, basically, it is about developing innovative biologics, materials, processes, implants, devices, and informatics approaches for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disease, for patient rehabilitation, and for improving health.

bio-engineering.. ok, to make you understand beter, it is something about dealing with DNAs, (all living things has DNA)).. example: which RNA strand is usefull for treatment of certain disease, which base has to be deleted, and find out which combination of base pair is possible and beneficial..
so, when it comes to DNA, means u can involve in drug industries if u graduate as a bio-engineer. As for drugs, bio-engineers study about drug behaviour and delivery in body system, of course, as a bio-engineer, u need to work with other professionals such as research pharmacist, bio-technologist, chemist.. a lot more. All of them is in a symbiotic relationship.

it's not only about that, bio-en can also deal with Water treatment and purification. Heating and temperature control for pasteurisation and patient comfort. Measurement systems for flow and pressure, electrolytes.

something bigger.. yep, bio-engineers can create artificial biosphere...

so, u get the rough idea? it's related to bio-tech.. well, biotech is a sub-set of bio-engineering. Bio-en covers a bigger scope than bio-tech.
oh ya, bio-engineering is a tough course especially if you dont really like physics and computer programming. My friend is studying bio-en now, in S'pore. so, i know what is bio-en roughly.

Bio-engineering definitely has a good future overseas, but not in Malaysia....yet. cuz i dont think most of our 'descent' malay students know what is bio-en after all.. :-)
plus, we dont have the facilities and technology yet... and also man power.

about how "hot" bio-tech is in the States.. I think it's because US is a developed country, so, u need a lot of research in order to create something new which is not existing in the market. so, people tend to have rejection towards someting which needs plenty of time and money wherease they can already earn a lot by involving themselves in business..?!? right?

well, as for me, Bio-tech is a common course in Malaysia and there are thousands of students graduate from it each year. so, for me, the qualities tht a person should have to be different from anybody else are creativity, the adaption to work environment, and also the ability to accept new things and new technologies. After all, one cannot work according to their own way. Ant the most important is... passion. If you are passionate in doing something, i dont think tht anything can stop you.

So, if you graduate and wanted to work in the States, of course, you need to show some quality and prove that you are really good.
this applies to whatever course you are studying.
States? haha.. as usual, they hunt for brilliant ppl. :-)

as long as you are passionate, you stand a chance! :-)

regards:

dellynn lim

StrongNHim said...

Can I use your helpless picture on my blog? Please let me know asap... I like it and it fits perfectly for my post. THanks,